There are endless reasons why you should have blackout blinds. Some people want to keep their munchkins asleep for as long as possible in the morning, others might work unusual hours (stewardesses, servicemen, health professionals) and benefit from a room as dark as possible even during the day.
Here’s my top 5 benefits of having blackout blinds:
1) It promotes better sleep for kids: as the summer heat arrives and the sun rises at the very crack of dawn it’s important to make sure our kids have a good night sleep. Some children find it hard to sleep when it’s ‘still day’. Blackout blinds will help them understand that it might be ‘light’ outside but it’s in fact bedtime.
2) It give adults a change to sleep too: for those who do shift work, retreating to a darken bedroom for that much needed sleep is a must! Even those of us who work ‘regular’ hours can be kept awake due to light… just think of those street lights right outside our houses, passing car’s headlights, etc.
3) It gives you privacy: there are times when we all want complete privacy and blackout blinds will give you just that, especially in places such as bedrooms and bathrooms where you might be getting changed or don’t want to be seen in your pjs! These blinds will prevent others from seeing you from outside so you don’t have to worry about the your silhouette when you come out of the bathroom.
4) It prevents fading: when blackout is used in roman blinds, it will not only give you the benefits I listed above but it will also prevent your fabric from fading and keeping it look great for longer. The same applies to your carpet, dark flooring, dark furniture, etc.
5) Great for Media Rooms: if you are anything like me and can’t stand the glare of sunlight in your screen device, you need blackout blinds in your media rooms too. We all need a dark enough room to use our computers, watch a movie, play on the XBox, etc.
Got a question regarding blackout blinds? Send me a message on email@example.com, I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.