When choosing what to do with your windows, keep these Dos and Don’t of Window Treatments in mind, you might find it rather helpful!
- Spend time deciding on what type of window covering you want
- Check that the curtains/blinds are suitable for the shape of your window
- Choose a fabric that goes with the rest of your soft furnishings
- Measure up your window correctly, especially if you are having blinds… always use a retractable metal tape measure
- Be absolutely sure you are happy with your choice of fabric, especially if it’s bright and bold. Remember you have it for at least 10 years.
- Choose a style of window that blocks too much light
- When choosing a fabric, avoid very large, bold prints in small rooms. It can be overpowering
- Have curtains over windows that open inwards!
- Buy less fabric by ignoring pattern matching…. Never!
- Short curtains on tall windows? Don’t even think about it! Go for a blind instead and make it a feature